This Quickstart Guide will walk you through using Circa as a Sales Rep for the first time.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you'll learn where to find all of the info that you'll need to support on-site and virtual events, including your personal Meeting Scheduler link. You'll also learn how to save time by scanning business cards - instead of doing manual data entry, how to look up event Leads, book in-person Meetings efficiently and automatically sync Leads and Meeting Notes back to your CRM.
If you're not a sales rep or similar representative of your company, you may want to check out our other Quickstart Guides for Event Managers and Event Staff.
Full vs. Limited Access
The information that you have access to viewing and editing in Circa will depend on your Access Level, assigned to you by your Event Manager.
As an Event Staff member, you will likely either have Full or Limited Access to each event you are added to. You can have different levels of access to different events. You can see which level of access you have for a specific event by going to the Staff tab within that event.
When you have Full Access, you can view and edit all aspects of an event.
When you have Limited Access, you can view but can only update your own Tasks and Schedules within events.
Navigating the Events Dashboard
After signing into Circa, you'll see the events that you're working on and have access to on the Events Dashboard by default. This is the best place to view all of your Event information in one place.
- Get back to this view at any time by clicking My Events, All Events or Upcoming Events in the lefthand sidebar.
- Add or remove filters and columns by using the Filters and Columns dropdown menus to create your own view of the info and status for each event.
- Use the icons along the upper right to can view events as a list, calendar or map.
- Click the actions menu in the upper right to download the current view as a spreadsheet or subscribe to your Team's events via calendar update.
In addition to the Events Dashboard, the Event Managers at your company may have given you a standalone URL to a shared Event Calendar. Event Calendars show a different list of events than your Events Dashboard and may include events that you're not working on.
You can tell if you're on a Shared Event Calendar because the page will have a url like circa.co/event_calendars/share/xyz, a title and a custom background, such as a branded solid color or image. Shared Event Calendars can also be embedded on your company's intranet, wiki or website.
The same options for views, filters and exports apply on Shared Event Calendars as on the Events Dashboard.
Event Briefs are a web page, Google Doc or PDF designed to present all the info that you need to represent your company at an event. They can contain event information including floor plans, Staff, Meetings, Schedules, Tasks and more.
There are several ways to access an Event Brief:
- From the Events Dashboard, use the actions menu (three gray dots) at the far right of an event name.
- While within an individual event, use the actions menu at the top right.
- Click on an event name within an Event Calendar, if this has been enabled by the Event Manager.
- Find links to Briefs within the Circa iOS or Android mobile app.
You can use the Circa iOS or Android App to scan business cards and leave meeting notes that sync to CRM.
When you scan a business card using the app, it will appear as a new Contact in the app and also in your Team's Leads Inbox. You can also upload business card images directly to Leads Inbox.
Using Meeting Scheduler
Meeting Scheduler Setup
To integrate Meeting Scheduler with your calendar, navigate to your Account Settings by clicking your avatar in the top, left-hand corner of the sidebar and selecting “Account Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the “Calendar Settings” tab and click the blue “Connect Calendar” button.
- Select Outlook, Google Calendar or another internet-enabled calendar application.
- From here, follow the prompts on screen to integrate with your calendar.
To book a new Meeting, navigate into an individual event and click the blue “Share availability” button.
- Start by selecting the Meeting Type from the dropdown at the top left of the screen. Meeting Types are set at the Org level by your Org Admins.
- Next, you can choose to book a Meeting for any available Event Staff member or for a specific member of your Team.
- Once booked, the system will automatically generate and send email calendar invites for all Meeting attendees.
Once you send contact info into Circa's Leads Inbox, it relays the lead or contact to Salesforce with the proper campaign attribution to the event.
If a Contact is added to an event and the event is connected to a Salesforce campaign, then the Contact will appear in Salesforce as a campaign member. This is the key step to tracking event ROI and performance.
Need some more help?
Want to talk to a human? Chat with us by clicking the green question mark in the lower right corner of app.circa.co and then the Ask button at the top, next to Answers. You can also email us at [email protected]. We're available over chat and email on US work days, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm Eastern Time.