This Quickstart Guide will walk you through setting up Circa for the first time. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can get your company up and running on Circa in less than an hour.
This guide is designed for Org Admins, who have full access to view, update and delete all events, members, settings, integrations and everything else in your Org account.
Inviting your Team
Add Teammates as Members
To add new members to your Team, click the plus sign at the top of the sidebar and select "Add New Member." You can add members individually or upload a CSV file of members. Once you've invited Team Members, each of them will receive a welcome email with a link to confirm their account and set a password.
When you add members to your org you will need to choose what Permissions level to give them. There are five Permissions options:
- Org Admins are members of all teams and have full access to update all events, Org Settings, Event Calendars, Request Forms and Brief Templates.
- Team Members (Full Access) can create, view, update and delete all events in their team. They can also access items sent into the Inbox by other Team Members or Event Staff.
- Event Staff (Full Access) members can view and edit all aspects of their events, but cannot view or update events that they're not staffed on.
- Event Staff (Limited Access) members can view and make limited updates to their events. For example, they can update the status of tasks they've been assigned, but cannot see the overall budget for an event.
- Event Staff (No Access) members cannot view or update their events. If the member is staffed on all their events with No Access, they won't be able to sign into your org at all and won't receive any emails from Circa, including the welcome email. Note that you can still share Event Calendars and Briefs with No Access members by publishing publicly or (using SSO) to only your company employees.
Importing your events
If you've been using a spreadsheet to keep track of your list of events and all of your event info, you can import that spreadsheet into Circa.
Preparing your events spreadsheet
In order to import your spreadsheet of events to Circa, first prepare the file (as shown in the example below) with the following steps:
- Remove all formatting from the spreadsheet.
- Create a row at the top of the spreadsheet with the event field names from Circa as column headers. Event Name and Team Name are required columns.
- Create custom fields in Circa for any of your columns that aren't fields built into Circa.
- Read our article and follow the full instructions on preparing your spreadsheet, then export it to a CSVfile before importing.
Importing your events spreadsheet
To import a prepared CSV file, go to the Events Dashboard and click the actions menu in the upper right. Then, select "Import Events (CSV)."
Navigating the Events Dashboard
Once you've completed your import of events, you'll see events across your Org's Teams on the Events Dashboard by default.
- You can get back to this view at any time by My Events, All Events or Upcoming Events in the lefthand sidebar.
- Add or remove filters and columns by using the Filters and Columns dropdown menus to create your own view of the info and status for each event.
- Use the icons along the upper right to can view events as a list, calendar or map.
- Click the actions menu in the upper right to download the current view as a spreadsheet or subscribe to your Team's events via calendar update.
Publishing Event Calendars & Briefs for your company
Event Calendars and Event Briefs allow you to customize and share event lists outside of the permissions in your Org.
Shared Event Calendars
With Event Calendars you can share a list of your events that is customizable according to the information you want to share with different audiences inside and outside of your company.
You can create and manage Event Calendars by clicking the building icon at the top of the sidebar to go to Org Reports & Settings > Publishing > Event Calendars. Here you can create new Event Calendars and find any you've already created.
When you create a new Event Calendar you can use the Design, Filters, Columns, Event Request Forms, Settings and Permissions tabs in the sidebar to fully customize your Calendar.
Event Briefs created within Circa are a single responsive web page, Google Doc or PDF designed to present all the info that Event Staff, like on-site event mangers and sales reps, need to execute an event.
To edit the default settings for your Event Briefs, go to the building icon at the top of the sidebar to go to Org Reports & Settings > Publishing > Brief Template. There are two side tabs - Contents & Layout and Default Permissions
At the event level, each Event Brief is made from the Brief Template. To edit an individual Brief, click the actions menu in the upper right of an individual event page, or click the actions menu all the way to the right of an event name in the Events Dashboard.
Using Event Request Forms
Event Request Forms enable your team to gather Event Requests in a streamlined process.
Creating Event Request Forms
To create an Event Request Form, go to the building icon at the top of the sidebar to go to Org Reports & Settings > Publishing > Request Forms. Here you can create new Event Request Forms and share existing Request Form URLs.
Reviewing Event Requests
To see the submissions from your Request Form, click on the inbox icon at the top of your sidebar. It will have a blue dot next to it when there are new items in your Inbox. Then click the Requests tab.
- Each submission creates a separate event, and you can also view the original submission
- You will be able to view the details of the Event Request as a regular event within Circa, and the event status will be set to "Considering"
Setting up Checklist Templates
Checklist Templates let you add whole Checklists or partial Checklist Sections to events in one click. With one more click, you can also set Task and Subtask Due Dates based on event Start Dates.
- We recommend setting up a "Templates" Team to save your Checklist Templates.
- Additionally, we recommend adding "[Template]" to the beginning of the Template event name, so that it will show up at the top of the Checklist import dropdown menu.
Enabling Meeting Scheduler
Meeting Scheduler streamlines the scheduling of in-person Meetings for Event Staff and Contacts. To enable Meeting Scheduler for a team, an Org Admin must first create Meeting Types.
Creating Meeting Types
Meeting Types are set at the Org level and applied to Meetings across all Events in your Org. To create a new Meeting Type, click the building icon at the top of the left-hand sidebar to go to Org Reports and Settings>Meetings.
- Next, click the blue “Add Meeting Type” button.
- Here you can designate a name for your Meeting Type, set a Duration, and enter a Description for the Meeting Type.
Once you have set Meeting Types, you can schedule Meetings for available staff and track Meeting Room availability. Read more about Meeting Scheduler setup and usage here.
Using the Salesforce CRM integration
You can connect your CRM with Circa, enabling you to track and sync Meetings, Contacts and event info and successfully track your events ROI.
To connect your CRM to Circa, click the building icon at the top of the sidebar to go to Org Reports & Settings > Integrations > Salesforce and then click the blue "Connect Account" button.
Salesforce settings and field mapping
Once your Salesforce account has been successfully connected, you can now set up the following to sync directly with your Salesforce account:
- Event Info Sync
- Contacts Sync
- Meetings Sync
Connecting events to Salesforce Campaigns
In order to sync Events with Salesforce, you must connect an individual Circa Event with an individual Salesforce campaign. To connect an Event to a Campaign, click into the Info > CRM tab within the Event and click "Connect Campaign."
Note that the Campaign must already exist in Salesforce.
Enabling Single Sign-On (SSO)
You can set up Single Sign-On (SSO) so that anyone at your company with a currently valid company email address can access Event Lists, Briefs and more, all without needing to create an Circa account.
Technical SSO Setup Instructions
To set up SSO, send this article on how to how to set up SSO to your company's IT manager.
Want to talk to a human? Chat with us by clicking the green question mark in the lower right corner of app.Circa.com and then the Ask button at the top, next to Answers. You can also email us at [email protected]. We're available over chat and email on US work days, Monday - Friday, 9 am - 6 pm Eastern Time.